Exhibitions at the Byzantine and Christian Museum can be used as an educational tool by school groups. Educators wishing to bring a school group to the Museum should note that:
• The visit should be booked well in advance with the Educational Programmes Office (Monday to Friday, 09:00 to 15:00).
• The Museum requires an address and telephone number for participating schools, plus the name of the teacher(s) accompanying the group(s).
• Visits have to be confirmed at least one week before they are due to take place.
• Start times must be strictly adhered to in order to avoid congestion and ensure a smooth flow of visitors through the exhibitions.
• No group should contain more than 30 schoolchildren.
• Each group has to be accompanied by at least one teacher.
• It is beneficial for teachers accompanying groups to have visited the Museum and its exhibitions prior to the school visit.
• Most of the Museum’s exhibition spaces are accessible to people with mobility disabilities.
• Entrance to the Museum is free for students and accompanying teachers.
• Food and drink cannot be consumed, or mobile phones used, in the exhibition spaces.
• There is no canteen or cafe in the Museum at present.
• Students must leave their school bags in the cloakroom before entering the exhibition.
Teachers who would like to accompany a group to the Museum should also know that:
• Their group can take part in one of the Museum’s educational programmes.
• Their group can conduct an independent educational focusing on their own special needs and interests.
• They can attend the informational meetings which the Museum organizes for teachers.